Of pleasures and hate-love affairs
Graduation is a good thing for now. I cannot believe that play is actually back on the cards now. Those little pleasures in life that can finally be savoured after a year-long hiatus. To be able to do these things after so long makes the whole experience all the more sweeter...
1. being able to watch Spiderman 3.
2. watching the world go by on an SBS bus
3. being able to go drink tea after foundation class. Like how cool is that? "Hey you wanna go grab a drink?" The ability to say "okay" and catch up spontaneously with others in the class is exhilarating! Thank God very much for the time to rest.
After many long sessions of pulling myself to the basketball court, i have finally experience a breakthrough in loving basketball! One must understand that after bad experiences with basketballers, sprained ankles and twisted pinkie fingers early in life, the hate for the orange ball can be really great. I was looking ahead to my schedule the following week and realised that a talk i had signed up for clash with a basketball session other pals have arranged. For once, for once in my life i actually feel angsty at having to forfeit the bball session. Which means.. which means.. yes! it's true... I don't hate basketball anymore! Next, one must also think i am insane. But this is personally a very great breakthrough. I've never felt joy in playing ball. Sorry. correction. i've never felt joy at TRYING to play ball. Ever since the time i touched basketball again, probably 19 years old then, it was always simply an obligation. I just have to play ball so that i can join others. I think i'm not really responsible for the change. God has answered my prayer and given me joy in this.
That's not to say i am good at bball. For one, i cannot really dribble, and my shooting looks more like shooting stars. But it's alright, God still gives me joy. Wonderful. A pleasure enjoyed with God is really good. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment